Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Doing some research

I'm not allowing myself to begin planning anything until I have found a job because it's hard to set a budget and timeline without one. BUT that doesn't keep me from doing "research".

So far this research has consisted of subscribing to about a dozen blogs. So far I haven't found any ideas that jump out at me but they are getting the juices flowing. The DIY bride blog is giving me hope that I can do some things myself like so many other people have done. A Practical Wedding has great vendors and such for a wedding on a budget (as much as I would love to spend every single dollar on earth on this celebration!) Wedding Bee posts A LOT each day with lots of pictures of different things. I'm sure it will be helpful with ideas once I start getting an idea of what our day will look like. There's a lot more but the verdict is still out on them.

On Sunday, Ben worked all day and I got a little bored without someone at home with me so I began looking at wedding dresses. That ended in about 30 minutes with a frantic phone call to my best friend. I have NO IDEA what I want to look like on my wedding day! I'm apparently not normal and didn't spend my childhood fantasizing about this day and don't have it all planned out to the very detail like apparently most women do. All I know is I do have a budget that won't be very large. My recently engaged friend already found her dress (within a month!) at Nicole Miller and it looks beautiful but not my style. Today however I found myself in the same situation as Sunday and decided to look at Nicole Miller gowns (for whatever reason I did not go there on Sunday). I found a couple by her that I like and may actually fit in my budget as soon as I know what that number looks like.

So today's "research" was a more positive experience than a couple of days ago. I no longer feel completely overwhelmed and stressed out that we don't know what we're doing yet or what I want to look like or all of those details. I'm just going to enjoy being engaged for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment