Friday, September 3, 2010

And he has contributed!

Yesterday as we were walking back from having lunch Ben brought up our wedding. It went something like 'I guess we should start planning when and where.' I immediately said that there was A LOT more than just when and where but yes that's a good place to start. Once again it was quickly shelved because I still am unemployed (something is in the works though - keep your fingers crossed for me). This however wasn't Ben's contribution - wait for it - he suggested an idea for a reception (that he originally didn't want to have because he didn't (doesn't) want a big wedding).
Last winter I read about this new bar that has alcohol themed cupcakes and pairs them with cocktails. I was sold. I wanted to go right then and there. As Ben and I were sitting around trying to figure out what to do one weekend it came up again. As we were googling and yelping we weren't sure if it was still open but found another place with a similar concept - cupcakes paired with wine and beer. So we headed to Sweet Revenge. Cute little coffee shop looking place with AMAZING cupcakes paired extremely well with wine and beer. I think I had strawberry and prosecco. AMAZING! Ben's was paired with a beer. Equally good. Well he said we should do this for our reception!!! WHAT A GREAT IDEA!
I immediately started having visions of a beautiful display and cute menus with the pairings and my original idea of long 'feasting' tables (for a dinner party) being changed into smaller intimate setups and lounges (for a cocktail style party). So there it is. What do you think? A later affair (since it will most likely be separate from our very small and intimate wedding ceremony) with just desserts paired with wine, beer, and cocktails.

No comments:

Post a Comment